Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Again with the F-ing Eggs!

…So the PhDs in Early Childhood Development have decided to tell me THIS MORNING that if I don’t attend the infant and toddler egg hunt THIS AFTERNOON then my children will not be allowed to participate.

Apparently it is far too dangerous for a nearly two year old to stumble around a playground picking up plastic eggs filled with Tylenol P.M.

I personally don't see the danger...

I’m so glad they gave me so much notice.


I will now rush to my office to cancel the two back-to-back meetings on my agenda for today (that were hard to schedule and have been scheduled for weeks) at the exact time of the all important egg hunt.

Nothing is more important to me than making sure my children think bunnies lay eggs.

[Insert various expletives here!]

1 comments:

floosen said...

I can just see that gorgeous little Owen with his tearful face pressed up against the glass, peering outside as other children rush across the green grass scooping up eggs filled with delicious candy treats...all because his *selfish* mama was too busy to oversee his egg hunting! He'll never forget it, start saving for therapy now! Or, cancel your work last minute out of a sense of overwhelming guilt and suffer the consequences. Oooooh, I just love the forced "choices"!