Friday, May 26, 2006

Morning Musings

Last night when The Mayor was in the tub he looked up at me and said, "I need to wear pull-ups."

I think some of the other children at his daycare wear them - maybe some of the bigger kids - and The Mayor is obsessed with himself being a "Big Kid."

I told him that we'd buy some pull-ups the next time we went to the store.

He looked at me and said, "I want to go."

Clearly, wearing pull-ups couldn't wait.

We needed to go to the store NOW to get the pull ups.

K came in and The Mayor repeated his request. K told The Mayor that wearing pull-ups meant that he was going to try to use the potty all the time.

"Are you ready to try to use the potty all the time?" K asked.

"Yes," The Mayor told him, "like a Hippo."

(Like a hippo?)

The last thing I need is the equivalent of a two ton, two year old hippo leaving a giant pile of grassy dung in my toilet.

The joys.

They do mount up.

5 comments:

floosen said...

I bought the "cool feeling when you pee" pullups for David in the sad hope that he'd be interested in wearing pullups and toilet training (to which he says "um, not today Mama"). But he did put the new pullups on and yes, they did make a cold feeling when he peed (big deal.) but when my husband took them off, he noticed a bizarre white powdery substance remained on D's p'nis...nice! I feel like one of those psycho parents who hooks their kids up to an anti-peeing machine to shock them out of wetting the bed. S

Kevin Charnas said...

"like a hippo"??? That made me burst out laughing...as did your post. As usual... thanks. And the links - again, BURST out laughing.
And yes, it's awful being sculpted like an adonis...it's so isolating. ho-hum...what am i to do..?

WAKE UP CHARNAS!!!

Virginia Belle said...

you are hilarious. i am so glad i stopped by. this post made me laugh out loud. :D

will be back later.....please keep writing.

Kristin said...

omg...this is my first time to your blog and i am laughing out loud! first with the hippo and then with the mighty wind!

great post!

Mel said...

I'm still on "butt flap"... ROFL!!!