Wednesday, July 26, 2006

No Turning Back Kid

I would like to start by saying that no one will be climbing INTO my lady parts.

Two people came OUT of there and I am here to declare that NEITHER of them are going back in.

Lately, eleven month old Rooster Girl doesn't want to be held. She doesn't want to be put down either.

What she WANTS is for me to sit cross-legged on the floor so that she can toss a small ball (or any small toy) into the space between my legs and then dive in head first.

Once she has the crown of her head firmly planted between my legs, she stands on her feet, raises her butt in the air and then flip flops around and around and around torso akimbo -- effectively rotating and PUSHING her head against it's ancestral home.


Uh-uh. No.

Listen to these words, Roo:

"That is a ONE WAY STREET as far as whole entire human bodies are concerned."



12 comments:

carmachu said...

Sarah tried to do the same thing, get backin mommy's womb.....its funny......

Lisa Goldstein/Kelly Kelly said...

Ha! That is so funny. My son likes to walk under my legs, which he calls the Mommy tunnel. Um, yup, that's what it was. He is so tall now he hits his head on the, uh, tunnel. I try to discourage this for the same reasons as you. He went down that road once, and that's that.

Lisa

Sayre said...

My son did that too. I believe they will ALWAYS do that. Now it's almost literal - Ruby has something going on that she would rather not do because it means giving up some babyness. When she's 30, she'll probably try to return to the next and you'd do well to give her the same answer.

Sayre said...

Oops - "nest", not "next"...

Natsthename said...

Amen, sistah!

Diana said...

LOL! My son now hugs my legs and shoves his head into "his ancestral home" area.
It's like a dog sniffing your crotch!

Blonde Vigilante said...

Everybody needs a home.

melissa b. said...

I lost it at "ancestral home." Ha!

Kevin Charnas said...

:) and a *snort*

liberalbanana said...

I can just picture it... That is too funny!

Just telling it like it is said...

ahhh Hoy...first they want out then they want back in...
I remember when I was pregnant..I thought I had an alien inside me...the kid never stoped moving as I would see his foot move across my belly...

Irish Church Lady :) said...

funny ... my dog tries to do that too!