Saturday, July 15, 2006

When I Hit Save, My Brain Says "Disk Full"

Sometimes I am compelled to record things that The Mayor has said so that at his wedding I will have plenty of fodder to tease him. The Good Lard knows that I can't remember much past yesterday.

Niblet A: In the car

"Mom, I drink my milk and it goes in my mouth and down my throat and into my tummy."

(I drive along thinking how impressive it is that at two he knows this much about his GI system as I am obsessed with all things GI related.)

"And then it goes down and into my shoes."

(Ah well, so much for medical school.)

Niblet B: In the car

Me: What did you do at school today, Mayor?

The Mayor: Um. I ate some food.

Me: What did you eat?

The Mayor: I ate a sandwich and some Cheetahs.

(Duck and cover the World Wildlife Federation is coming to arrest us all!!!)

Niblet C: To Buttquacking Daycare Provider (BDP)

The Mayor to BDP: "My Mommy went to work."

BDP: That's right. She has to work to make money to buy things like food.

The Mayor: No. She makes money to buy toys for ME. (Bragging) I have a LOT of toys. I LOVE my toys.

(Odd because ALL of his toys are hand-me-downs from cousins or presents from Grandparents and because tupperware and pots and pans are still pretty high on the list...)

Niblet D: On the way to feed the ducks at the pond.

K is busy packing bread for the ducks.

The Mayor: I want some.

K: You want to eat some bread?

The Mayor: Yeah.

(K gives him bread.)

Me: Are you a duck, Mayor?

The Mayor: (both incredulous and exasperated) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm a BOY. I don't go QUACK, QUACK, QUACK! NO. (flashes a look at me that seems to say, who knew Mom was so stooooopid?)




Oh, The Joys of the Cabinets!

6 comments:

Lisa Goldstein/Kelly Kelly said...

Milk coming out into your shoes does seem perfectly logical. I looooove the kid logic here. So cute. Thank the Lard for moments like these, it keeps us smiling and sane. Too cute.

Cheetahs are delish. I love them myself. And hey, the logo is a cheetah isn't it?
Smart guy.

Lisa

melissa b. said...

Oh, I adore kidspeak. Love it. Owen is so smart! I believe everything he says. Especially about the toys.

jennster said...

LMFAO- that is so freaking cute! i love the shoes!!!! bwahahhaa

Anonymous said...

This boy took after his maternal great grandmother obviously.

carmachu said...

On that last one, that seems universal. Was it accompanied by him rolling his eyes, and an exasperated tone?

Nikki said...

LOL

Owen is to cute Joy. It seems he definately has his own mind. LOL