Friday, July 28, 2006

Whoa Oh, Radio



For the last few weeks, writing on the internet has, for some freaky, unexplicable reason, made the song "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo stick in my head. "I'm on a Mexican, whao oh, radio." UGH. It will not go away. So I am FORCED to take a one week vacation from blogging in order to attempt to purge the evil song from the brain cells seemingly up to no constructive endeavors. Out, out damned song!

Until then, here is some candy.

Beautifully written post on the past by la vie en rose.

Little Monkies seeks your support in changing the world - at least for postpardum moms.

Joy Unexpected talks about summer vacation with the kids at home.

Sugared Harpy warns you about using the wrong words.

Dutch of Sweet Juniper talking about loving his daughter.


Melanie in Orygun
talks about Dad, training wheels and growing up.

Special thanks to Subtle Glow for finding these public bathroom decor tips.

Prolly All the Time goes to the Doctor.

The truth about motherhood revealed.

This movie had one of the funniest kid scenes in it that I have EVER seen. Besides, who can not fall on the floor when the male hero, and father of two boys, says to those boys --something along the lines of, "So you're still giving me the silent treatment? Well, that's okay. It's like a Zen Retreat for me."

For those of you that have already seen it, I say, "))<>(( forever!"

Question everything.

Fun for the blog friends. and this. and this... and she has so much more - and seemingly more coming. Thanks Banana!


19 comments:

Nikki said...

You're going on vacation aren't you!!!!

You sneaky little devil!

Fine, Don't invite me along or anything.

It's not like I wanted to go.

(snicker)

hope the break works out for you.

Christina_the_wench said...

~screams~ BRING ME SOMETHING GOOD BACK!

Mel said...

HEY!
What's this? Oh, okay, fine, fine, I get it, I see how it is.
*huff*
Enjoy your week away, Miss Thang. We'll miss you!

carmachu said...

Forget brining nikki.

I think you should drop off the kids at her house onthe way through....

melissa b. said...

Uh, going to Mexico? Enjoy! And hey, bring a girl some tequila!

Kristin said...

I knew a girl in high school who lost her virginity to the singer from wall of vodoo... ah, youth.

Have fun on your vaction!

hautemama said...

Hola!

Lisa Goldstein/Kelly Kelly said...

Enjoy!! And thanks, now I have that song in my head, but I am NOT going on vacation any time soon. Wah.

Lisa

jali said...

Thanks for the great links on your Friday post. I enjoyed them.

Will come back to visit again soon.

Nikki said...

Carm - I think I'm going to put you in the head lock.

Hold still while I get a good grip.

Blonde Vigilante said...

Enjoy your time off.

Mel said...

Seriously missing you, dude! What's with that? I'm not supposed to miss "words on my screen," am I?
Well, I do. And it's only been... one, two, three, four... FOUR DAYS!
Man... this bites.

Kevin Charnas said...

Jessica...where are you? Are you coming back yet? Is the song gone? I've been trying to be a good boy and just sit here quietly, but...i hope that you're getting some much needed rest.

Janet said...

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Mexican Radio bouncing around in my head then Rock Me Amadeus (shudder to think)

Here through recommendation of SayreSmiles!:)

kim said...

I hope you had a fantastic time !!
Im jealous over here

liberalbanana said...

Glad I could help you out with the - oh jesus, I just typed titorials. Well, you know what I mean.

Sayre said...

COME HOME, JESSICA!!! We miss you!

carmachu said...

No no, stay away. Its been nice and peaceful around....

Kevin Charnas said...

you are in so much trouble i don't even know where to begin woman!!! :)