Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cheese with Exposed Boobs

I am willing to act like a fool or do whatever it takes to make daycare drop off successful. By successful, I mean lacking in toddler hysteria. I've mentioned before, that I've come up with the INGENIOUS idea of having The Mayor wave to me at the window while I walk backwards to the car waving and blowing kisses with great animation.

We've added an element to our morning routine now where we sit in a chair and have some hugging and kissing before the window waving. I think this lovey-dovey smoochy
part is mostly for me because until we get He Who Does Not Live In Spain dropped off at the choo choo, The Mayor says things to me like, "No, Mommy! I don't want YOU. I want Daddy." I am second fiddle, so I take my 2 year old love when I can get it.

Today, during our hugs and kisses, one of
The Mayor's teachers told me that the morning routine was working well for The Mayor and that he was hardly ever upset by my leaving anymore. Then she said to The Mayor, "Mommy's going to come back for you, right?"

The Mayor: Yes. Mommy's coming back. (To me...) You're coming back, right?

Me: Yes, I'll always come back for you.

The Mayor: Why?

Me: Because I need you.


The Mayor: Why do you need me?

Me: Because I love you. (I pulled him out from my body to look at him as I talked. I put my hand over my heart...) Inside my body is my heart and when I think of you I get a squeezy, squeezy, squeezy, good feeling there.


The Mayor: (Smiling and pulling himself tightly back into my body...) SQUEEZY, SQUEEZY, SQUEEZY!!!

He pulled away from me quite
suddenly, grabbed the collar of my t-shirt, yanked it out as far as it would go and stuck his head halfway down my shirt.

Me: What are you doing?


The Mayor: I'm looking for your heart.

Me: Okay, but just so you know, it's not one of those things you see down there with the sparkly tassles attached.

Photo by Sebastian Campion, Amsterdam

15 comments:

carmachu said...

THats hysterical. Sarah has done similar things, except she isnt looking for the heart, she's looking for my wife's boobies....

Why, I dont know. Must be a owman thing.....

Christina_the_wench said...

He is learning at such a young age. Hubby must be proud. lol

Kevin Charnas said...

YOU DIDN'T!! Did you?? Actually, nevermind, I'm getting to know you, Miss Jessica, and you probably did... :)

Nikki said...

LOL

Great story!

Heather said...

HA! God, you are so funny! You kids are going to be completely awesome when they grow up!

Deb said...

that is too funny, and too cute!

Blonde Vigilante said...

See, now that is true love.

Diana said...

cant...stop...laughing!!!! Tassles! bwahahahahahaha!

blessedmomx3 said...

HAAAAAAAAA! I just bought a b-day card for my friend with two red pasties on the front with long red tassles. But I had to tell her they weren't tiny party hats.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who wears those things...

floosen said...

Or you could just tuck them in the waistband of your pants and he'd never even notice.

Jess Riley said...

I knew I'd love your blog after reading the title of this post.

And I was right!

Oh, The Joys said...

For the record, I e-mailed floosen to see if she meant I should tuck the *sparkly tassles* or the boobs themselves into the waistband of my pants. You KNOW she told me to put those oranges in the end of socks in my Levi's. Girrrrrrrrrl...gonna hafta GIT you.

Lisa said...

That is the cutest story. Those little boys! (I'm second fiddle to my hubby too!) But hey, when that kid's got to throw up or gets hurt, you bet he comes a runnin' to me!

Sayre said...

I NEED my boy too. He loves to put his head on my chest so he can hear my heart beating just for him.

floosen said...

If I wasn't living it myself, I wouldn't know it was true. LOL. ;)