Tuesday, August 08, 2006

In the Cedar

On our way to and from the big family vacation we spent a few nights at Grandma New York's house. Uncle Joe and crew occupied the extra upstairs bedrooms so we took the basement.

The basement is finished but it is just one big room.
Criticize if you must, but we find it difficult for all four of us to sleep in a single room. Rooster Girl still wakes up at night and cries out which can wake The Mayor. The last thing we need is TWO children awake in the middle of the night.

So
... Grandma New York has a very large, walk-in cedar closet in the basement.

You know where t
his is going don't you?

Well fine.


You're right.


We put our baby girl to sleep in the closet.

Go ahead, leave me your "in the closet" jokes.

But don't go getting all self-righteous about it because she enjoyed her sleep there. I mean, she was entirely undisturbed by moths... a completely moth-free baby.

My creation

14 comments:

Sayre said...

You'll get no recriminations from me... that sounds like something I would do!

Blonde Vigilante said...

Sounds fucking ingenious to me.

Christina_the_wench said...

I second what sayre said.

Lily said...

Hilarious!

Indecisive Woman said...

I need my 8 hours, so I would probably do the same thing.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I saw your blog recommended on The Art of Getting By. Thanks to you, I have a newfound appreciation for the hole in my butt.

melissa b. said...

I would have CONSTRUCTED a closet if I had to. Good for you. And hey, moth free!

Nikki said...

I'm with Christina and Sayre. (we're starting our own clique - with you as our leader - you walk, we follow your butt.)

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel said...

I'm a dumbass. That was funny, and yet not. I tried to stop it from publishing but it beat me to it. Blogger, you bastard.
Anyway, I basically said that if you got in trouble for putting Ruby to sleep in the closet, then I was worse for duct-taping the girls to the inside of theirs.
(Which I don't really do.)
(Much.)

carmachu said...

My parents use to have me sleep in the dresser drawer, so thats not so bad....

Sayre said...

I have a funny picture of my son and his friend. I told them to be quiet while I was on a conference call. As soon as my call was over, I heard this thump...thump...thump and turned around to see the friend hopping up and down in the doorway - wrapped up head to toe in painter's tape. Then I found my son wrapped the same way on the couch. They thought it was pretty funny until someone had to pee.

I had to take a picture, but I don't dare post it. Some weirdo might find it.

Lisa Goldstein/Kelly Kelly said...

Hellz, yeah. no moths and no waking. win /win.

Lisa

Diana said...

LOL! I wish it would get me some sleep if I put my son in the closet...

Domestic Chicky said...

All I can think of is...
Did she meet Tom Cruise in there?

I know, lame-o...