Saturday, September 30, 2006

Going Gets Narrow

Sitting in time-out, tears streaming down his face, that's how I found him.

When I showed up to get The Mayor from Daycare he was in trouble.

The teachers there are gentle and only give him a time out when he earns one. So If he's in time out when I arrive, I make him finish serving his sentence.


This pisses him off.

But it's like Baretta said, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."

When I asked him why he got a time out, he said:

"I accidentally forgot to listened.
Then I got a time out.
Then I cried a LOT of times."

I HATE when I accidentally forgot to listened...or when I take my eye off the sparrow.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Aw, that is so sweet. Great that you back up the teachers there and make him complete the time out.

I forget to listened way too many times. I need a time out.

Lisa

urban-urchin said...

Oh bless him- he's so dear. I too hate when I forget to listened...

Mel said...

OMG can I eat him? No? Just a nibble?
Dude. "I cried a lot of times."
I want to snuggle him right now. How friggin' adorable can you get?

Momish said...

Oh how sweet. He is too precious, even when he is in a time out. You are truly blessed.

The Medium Swede said...

I think it is important to back up the teacher even if sometimes you don't agree. As important as good and proper behavior is, kids need to understand that there are different types of people who have different ways of dealing with them. Sometimes they will get tolerant people and sometimes not.
This coming from a guy who would probably punch anyone who hurt my kid's feelings! HA!

carmachu said...

Dont you LOVE how they try to manipulate you? Its so cute. I love calling sarah on it.....

Forget to listen? Cried alot of times? Thats so cute.....

He gets an E for effort....

Plain Jane Mom said...

Oh no, that's a rough thing to forget... Poor guy!

Sandra Miller said...

Your son is precious.

That you illustrate this fact via the the theme song to Baretta?

Priceless.