Monday, October 23, 2006

Touch Your Toes

The Mayor, who is not yet even two and a half, is doing really, really well with potty training.

His daycare teachers think he is very close to needing "big boy underpants," but his parents will have to get much better about remembering to sit his tiny behind on the potty on the weekends. Even though changing diapers is a drag, it is hard to re-program yourself to put a child on the toilet at routine intervals.

This weekend we were better about it and The Mayor made many, um... contributions.

Some of our close friends suggested that after a poo, asking your child to touch their toes makes access to the bum region easier for no fuss wiping.

So, after The Mayor pooped, I got him down, asked him to touch his toes and TA DA, it worked perfectly. Or so I believed...

Later, when I was in the bathroom, The Mayor burst in (in full accordance with the 2006 House of Joy Lack of Privacy Act) and asked me if I made a poopy. I told him yes, I did make one.

As he pulled toilet paper off the roll he said,

"OKAY MOMMY, GET OFF THE POTTY, BEND OVER AND TOUCH YOUR TOES!"
That is just wrong.

15 comments:

slackermommy said...

Wow, gives me a lot to think about. I'm not so worried about using names because I only use first names but the photos do worry me.

Waya said...

That's just too cute!! 2.5 y/o, that's great! Good job Mommy!

Momish said...

Great advice! I will keep that in mind when the dreaded time comes. It is close at hand, I fear!

Sayre said...

That worked well for me, but then my son never asked to wipe MY bum!

queenbadmama said...

Here in the House of Bad we are quite familiar with the "touch your toes" drill. I love when Brute Force (silently-which is big for him) takes a book into the bathroom and shuts the door-and if you try to open it he's like "No, no-close the door ALL THE WAY!". You go, dude. Literally.

Mommy off the Record said...

Glad the Mayor is making progress. Obviously, he is listening to instructions too! So, did you touch your toes or not? I have to say I probably would have. :)

Kim said...

My children seem to relish taking a look at what mommy "dropped off at the pool." It went a little too far when my middle son (3) told the neighbors the color/shape/consistency of my after thoughts. Now I shut the door when I go to the bathroom. I my three kids they can only interrupt me if someone is bleeding or something is on fire! I have yet to potty train my youngest and I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to diapers for the first time in five years!!! I think I'll throw a party with the money I'll save. Good luck with potty training. Check out the Bear in the Big Blue house potty video if you get the chance. The song lyrics are hilarious, even for adults.

domestic_slackstress said...

Weird. The comments window wouldn't let me show you that I'm domestic slackstress. It showed me as Kim.

wordgirl said...

So wrong....but you knew that already. Still, it's very funny.

carmachu said...

Just remember dear, children pick up EVERYTHING you teach them, good or bad.....mommy use to think *I* be the one to teach her the bad words, but apparantly mommy is doing a good job on her own....

I'll admit, thats hysterical. Wrong, but funny. Its like when sarah askes daddy after he pees why he doesnt need to wipe, and I explain again , I'm a boy.....only girls wipe after peeing...

Lotta said...

That is a riot! Having trained a boy on the potty I wish you Godspeed.

Mona said...

Hahaha! At least he didn't tell you to shake your moneymaker or shake what your mama gave ya. I would feel a little uncomfortable hearing that.

pendlerpiken said...

I followed the links to see why you decided to anonymize your family. I was really shocked that it is necessary to take such precautions, but the world being what it is, you really have no choise.

I absolutely love your son's brilliant reasoning, though :)

Kevin Charnas said...

and "Blow Me, Daddy!" isn't? What are you people DOING to that poor sweet little guy and his "Dana"??? :)

So, Dana is doing well, huh? good lord.

Karen said...

LOL - that was hysterical. :) Wrong, but so funny.