Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Follow The Star Tonight

I didn't go to church much when I was growing up, but I remember learning the story of Christmas and playing it out with my Grandparent's creche.

After asking permission from my mom and her siblings, I brought my Granny's creche home this summer.

I set it up a few days ago and smiled to watch The Mayor and The Rooster playing with it, as if it were a dollhouse, just as I had done.

"What are the wise men's names?" The Mayor asked me.

"I don't know," I said. "I'll have to look it up."

It's a pity I didn't do it right away because a short while later I listened in on my children's play only to hear The Rooster refer to them as Tom, Jerry and Chumley.



Merry Christmas!

13 comments:

jen said...

happiest of the season, my dear friend. xo

Christina said...

Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for the Joys :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that GOL (guffaw out loud) moment. Such a pleasant addition to my Christmas Eve evening. Best wishes to you and those you love. (word verification: bless) Why yes, bless us each one.

slouching mom said...

merry christmas, j.

xo

Patois said...

I think they were depicted quite differently way back. (And why does the verification word remind me of blaspheme? "Blermeze.")

Greg said...

Merry Christmas

Vodka Mom said...

merry, merry Christmas!!

Kyla said...

Merry Christmas, Jess!

koehmstedt said...

Merry Christmas!

Virtualsprite said...

That is too funny!

Little Nut Tree said...

merry christmas Jess.. Hope you have a lovely time with your family x

BOSSY said...

Sweet story. Funny kids. Sweet and funny you, hope you had a merry happy.

Above Average Joe said...

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.