Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Did She Just Say...

Margaux is one of The Rooster's best friends and David is Margaux's Dad.

Whenever David's name is mentioned at Rooster's daycare, her teachers cool themselves with imaginary fans and use words like "rugged" and "Well, I declare!"

[And this is all set up for today's Rooster story.]

"Mommy," Rooster said, "let's play a game where all foods are made out of people."

"Like Spaghetti with Margaux meat balls," I laughed. "Pizza with Mayor Sauce or hot dogs with..."

"David buns?" she suggested.

[Does she even know what she's saying when she says this stuff?]

I cower in fear of her teen years.

It WILL be a long road with her.

15 comments:

Magpie said...

LOL - This just forced me to post an embarrassing tale of my own. Well, my child did the embarrassing.

http://www.magpiemusing.com/2009/01/she-didnt-just-say-that-did-she.html

Dysd Housewife said...

Dude. She IS the girl who taught you how to correctly pronounce "CLOCK". ::snicker::

Anonymous said...

Lock her up now!
DAD

Heinous said...

I love what kids come up with. It only gets better.

Christina said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! "David buns"..love it..so, how are David's buns??

Yes, you are SOOO in trouble.

flutter said...

it's like looking in a mirror, isn't it?

Moobs said...

I am preparing our spare room for when she turns 13 - you have an open invitation.

WILLIAM said...

hah,

Mary G said...

Oh man........... you might consider building a tower to lock her in and keeping her hair very, very short?
Love it.

Memaw's memories said...

And when are you planning to post a picture of Margaux's dad?

Inquiring minds and all that stuff.

I think the Rooster's reply is so funny. Out of the mouth's of babes.

Gretchen said...

Very clever. Long road, perhaps - but I bet it will be an adventure!

liliannattel said...

It's even worse when they say things that show they can read your mind. All you can do then is pretend you haven't noticed.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

and it seems to be getting longer...

BOSSY said...

Please send medical team to resuscitate Bossy.

Karen said...

I'd be more concerned about the eating people idea...