Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Romanza!

"I need to call our insurance agent. I want to find out about umbrella liability policies," he said.

He didn't notice that I was already in bed or that I had turned on the music.


[You know... THE MUSIC.]


"I also need to call our energy provider and lock in our rate at ninety four cents a therm."

He got ready for bed and climbed in.


"Ninety four cents a therm!" he exclaimed. "That's such a good rate!"


[Oh, the excitement.]

"I might have to give them a hard time about our Dedicated Design Day Capacity charge though."

[Our what charge?]


He kept on talking.

"What kind of insurance was it you said you were interested in?" I asked, giving his tush a little goose.


"Umbrella liability," he moaned, feigning the heights of passion.


"Baby, the things you say really get me going!" I laughed.

[And then the badda bing, badda boom was followed by a chorus of happy snores]


When he came home from work the next day, he said,

"I blew it! I gambled and didn't lock our rate. Energy went up to $1.04 per therm!"

I eyed him suspiciously and said,


"Are you trying to seduce me?"

17 comments:

furiousBall said...

he had his business socks on didn't he?

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Clearly - that is the case. And there is NOTHING like a mention of 'Dedicated Design Day Capacity charge' charge to get a gal really worked up...

BOSSY said...

Bossy hit the floor in a thud. So frigging hilarious, you!

Virtualsprite said...

I get more worked up by the electricity rates than the heat, but I know what you mean.

Ah, yes... hearts and flowers have nothing on household expenses for romance.

Mary G said...

Cripes. If mine gets started on the electricity rates I might as well climb into my flannel granny gown and get some shut eye. At least you got some of his attention.
Laughing!

Megan said...

Hehehe

liliannattel said...

How about the sound of a ticker tape instead of the music?

JoeinVegas said...

Yes, us guys always know just what to say in any situation to get the ladies.

Laura said...

OMG...HILARIOUS...and sad...but funny!

John Ross said...

Only you could make that story out of that experience. OH, What a mind, Oh, what a gurl! ;-)

Above Average Joe said...

Now that's some "heated" passion!

WA said...

You are very funny.

Penny said...

LOL!! Oh dear.. it's true.. that really is the way it is, isn't it.. lol! For us.. it's traffic predictions and a once over on the itinerary for the following day.. Occasionally, we get to discuss 'how to better roast the meat' in the shower.

Patois said...

Hot stuff!

Sure wish I could get that rate, though.

Dysd Housewife said...

ROFL! Go check out my latest post..I dedicated it to you..Well sortof. LOL

movin' down the road said...

that's alot better than "how are you going to do me tonight, babe?" (it's a joke but we say it to each other)

Heather, Queen of Shake Shake said...

You know what? I think I'm turned on all the way over here.