Monday, March 23, 2009

I Love You, Man

The Mayor returned to school today.

While he was out, they made him a wonderful, giant Get Well card.

The Mayor's best friend Caleb drew a picture of them together and this was The Mayor's favorite part of the card.

On Friday, The Mayor's classmates had a long talk about how they had to be gentle with him when he returned to the class.

Caleb volunteered to help keep other children from being too rough with The Mayor, but then raised his hand,

"If anyone pushes The Mayor can I push them back?"
[No.]
"Well then can I hit them?"
Ah, boy love.

13 comments:

Patience said...

Caleb rocks! Caleb and The Mayor rock together!!

Emily N said...

Yikes I missed a few days and so did not know you the little man was going thru this already! I am so glad that it is over and that it went well. Still holding you ALL in the light.
xo Emily

WILLIAM said...

Bro-mantic

furiousBall said...

Caleb is my homey

natasha the exile on Mom Street said...

That's fabulous! I just sent this post to my son's BFF's mommies. They will LAUGH just like I did.

Boys are priceless.

Mike J. said...

What a cool story. I had fun reading this stuff. Perfect combination: Mayor + Caleb!

Amanda said...

Oh, the loyalty.

People in the Sun said...

If he won't, I will.

flutter said...

I love it, that ferocious, all testosterone love that boys have.

JoeinVegas said...

Sounds like will do well in school with all of those friends.

Angela said...

I'm so glad the Mayor is healing well and able to head back to school. It sounds like Caleb's got his return well in hand.

Mom To A Three Year Old said...

I'm happy to know that the Mayor is already in school. I am touched at how his best friend is protecting him. I guess he really has good company.

Mel said...

Heh. :)

My little brother had tubes in his ears when he was very little, and I, at seven, walloped one of my cousins for getting too close to him and potentially hurting his ears. (The kid was nowhere near him.)
I'd call it love, but also perhaps just a pure desire to wallop someone. :D