Monday, April 20, 2009

Always With The Blah Blah Blah

The doctor's appointment was going to make me late for work so I thought I'd better call my boss.

"They're just going to do a quick peek into his ear," I told her. "I shouldn't be too late."
Then I heard a wry Mayor pipe up from the backseat,
"Then there's the loooong chat you'll have with the doctor."
[Insert pre-kindergarten eye roll.]

Grown ups, man.

Always with the "Blah, blah, blah."

BTW - the doctor was extremely pleased with the way The Mayor's ear is healing. Hurrah!

P.S. - sorry I haven't been posting. I don't know what is up with me on the writing front.

[Maybe I'm simply listless and despondent from the persistent butt kicking The Mayor is serving up in our non-stop Connect Four-a-thon...]

[Maybe I'm too in love with my Netflix queue...]

10 comments:

Jen said...

It's probably the Netflix queue. Mine does the same thing to me.

flutter said...

we are sooooo with the blah blah blah

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Yay Mayor's ear!

Amanda said...

It's posting, not breathing, at your will dear.

ms. changes pants while driving said...

ahhhh..... netflix.... [insert satisfied sigh and satisfied smile and where's the ice water and fluffy pillow? it's netflix time.]

cat said...

What's in your Netflix queue? Mine is running on empty and I don't know what to add! HELP!!

furiousBall said...

if you're worried, since you've been gone, i haven't learned karate

Katybeth said...

I am glad your back...funny even when you really don't know someone, if you enjoy their blog, and I do enjoy your's, you are kind of disappointed when they don't show up in your reader, and then you start to thing "wow, I hope everything is ok...." glad it is!

liliannattel said...

Hurray for the ear!

Travis Erwin said...

Men say the same thing about wives.