Friday, November 06, 2009

Imagine A World

Last night The Rooster announced that no one in her class likes the color pink.

"But that’s crazy," I said. "Imagine the world without pink!"

"There wouldn't be any pink in the sky during sunrise or sunset!"

"Imagine a world without pink lemonade or baby piglets!"

The Mayor and The Rooster enthusiastically added their own list of pink things that would be missed.

This evolved into an elaborate game of “Imagine the world without…”

We imagined the world without a wole series of colors and then shifted to letters.

"What would the world be like without the letter B?" I asked.

"No butts!" The children declared.

[There was a great deal of imagining and discussion about how buttless beings might defecate.]

And so the game took its obligatory turn down Butts Lane – as any good game will - and we found ourselves pondering what life would be like if our bodies functioned differently.

The Mayor, falling all over himself with laughter yelled,

"Imagine a world where everyone ate rainbows and pooped butterlies!”

Close your eyes.

See it.

Now you are feeling what I feel.

Oh. The. Joys.

27 comments:

Leah said...

That's awesome!! Kids are so wonderful! And they love talking about farts and butts and all it entails.

Pixiecola said...

i love it!

jess said...

Oh the buttless wonders of such a place...

Kim Hosey said...

Ha; love it! My son heard that line (or one much like it) on Horton Hears a Who and I heard about butterfly poop for quite a while myself.

"And so the game took its obligatory turn down Butts Lane – as any good game will..." Indeed.

Love your blog.

Online Printing said...

I enjoyed reading this. It's a great game because it develops their imagination. Thank you for sharing this.

Aimee Greeblemonkey said...

"Imagine a world where everyone ate rainbows and pooped butterlies!”

I love them!

Web designer said...

Oh I am feeling the same what you are feeling there great post thanks for sharing I enjoyed it very much very inspirational :)

web design firm

ephelba said...

And now I know that he and I are soul brother and sister:)

St Jude said...

I kind of like that world...

feefifoto said...

What a fun and simple game! Once I asked my kids to create their own worlds and describe them during dinner. It got very involved and they each waited until the other was finished to take a turn. Games like yours are such a cool bonding experience.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Gretchen said...

Wonderful! Butterfulies and rainbows - what could be better?

Bianka said...

This made me smile! :)

(In)Sanity Gal said...

Can I come hang out with you and your kids in the car?

publicknitting said...

That sounds like a delightful conversation. The world without pink would be a lot less cheerful.

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Whatever you've been feeding them...can I have some?

JoeinVegas said...

I'd rather do it the other way, eat butterflies and poop rainbows. (without eating the pea soup and corn.)

Carroll said...

I don't often (ever?) comment on your blog, but I dearly do love it, you, and your completely wonderful children.

What a beautiful place this will be when children like that grow up to be in charge of everything :-)

WILLIAM said...

pooping butterflies tickles.

Maggie May said...

pooping butterflies tickles:

now that is a comment.

Penny said...

LOL! I love your house! :)

Ligurien Girl said...

Thank you for a great story.
I tried to imagine all of that - wonderful!

Moobs said...

You are feeling acute intestinal distress?

Amanda said...

Pooping from the eyes here, requires no "b"s you see.

creative-type dad said...

After the dinner I had tonight, I think I'm ready to make some butterflies.

Kevin Charnas said...

Umm... You mean not everybody does that??

Well, huh... Who knew?