Friday, November 20, 2009

Webcam Schmebcam

In jest, one of the members of the Board of Directors where I work teased that the organization should set up a webcam to watch what I really do on days when I work from home.

There is no need to go to all that trouble.

Beginning at 9:00 a.m., I open the door to several of the U.S. National Park Service's finest Park Rangers and we play strip poker until everyone is down to their hats.

Then we have a naked disco dance party for the rest of the afternoon.

[I don't ever stay in my pajamas, load the dishwasher, process the family laundry or scarf down less than desirable leftovers between back to back conference calls and deadlines.]

Let the record show my willingness to be completely transparent!



**********

Sorry the posting has been a bit thin around here.

Ever lose the thread of your own story?

Working on picking it back up...

21 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Lord, I'd love to just find the thread of my own story.

Sorry for being such a lurker all the time. I do read whenever you post!

Sayre said...

The thread of my story has become a complex weave with both parents having serious health scares, juggling hospital and family and work and still trying to keep my head on straight. I think that if it weren't for my blog, I wouldn't get through it some days....

Always glad to read - whenever you write!

Heather said...

well in that case I demand you get a webcam - i want to see naked park rangers too. no fair, you have to share!

Dory said...

Good to hear from you!

WILLIAM said...

I hope the thread is not all tangled and what not.

Anonymous said...

Your Mom says "Oh REALLY!" Dream On!

Kelly said...

Precisely the kind of thing I'd like to see on a webcam.

Joie said...

Love it when you post!

meno said...

Hmmmm, methinks i need to work from home more often.

UPrinting Postcards said...

Haha! It was fun reading this. I like the style of your post. So cool!

St Jude said...

Oh the webcam is definitely the way to go... park rangers ;0}

Jenn said...

I've had employers not kid about this.

Not that we were allowed to work from home; while he was vacationing, he wanted to be able to use a webcam to look into the offices.

True.Story.

carol at A Second Cup said...

You forgot about eating bonbons all day.

home value said...

you have posted this post in a different manner. good posting keep it up..:)

Denguy said...

Hey, leftovers is good eats.

SUEB0B said...

My director (my boss's boss) suggested she buy us all webcams so we could see each other (we are all over the US) and there was a long silence. I finally said "Noooooooooo!" Somebody had to do it. Most days that I work at home I wake up at 7:20 to start work at 7:30, an NOBODY needs to see that face. Nobody.

Kevin Charnas said...

I'll be there at 9.

Vodka Mom said...

So I have to bring my own cards again?

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Maybe your thread was hanging out with my blogging mojo...

I NEVER, EVER stay in my jammies all day - I do have to pick up the kids...

Annie said...

My story never had a thread to begin with, but i'm glad you found yours again.

Sandra Miller said...

"Ever lose the thread of your own story?"

Yes. I know exactly what you mean. Still trying to find mine. :-)