Monday, December 21, 2009

Rhymes With Larry

Our YMCA has a little cafe area with a giant window view of the indoor pool.

The Mayor, The Rooster and I were eating our lunch there today when The Mayor pointed out two boys wading in to swim and said,

"Hey, I know those kids."

"You're right," I said. "Those boys are with Daddy's friend Larry. "The boy with the blonde hair is Larry's son."

"Where's Larry?" my kids demanded.

"Well, he's... you can't see him from where you're sitting."

The Mayor and The Rooster leaped from their chairs and pressed their noses to the glass window.

"Now I see him!" The Mayor yelled over his shoulder.

"Hey Mom! Guess what?" they called back to me.

"What?" I called back.

And then, at an unbelievably high volume, my children shouted excitedly over their shoulders...

"Mom! Larry is super HAIRY.

"Mom!!! He's really HAIRY and his name is LARRY! That RHYMES!"

"Mom!!!!!!!!! He's HAIRY LARRY!!!"

[Oh... The... Mortified!!]

It was at this moment that Larry recognized The Mayor and The Rooster and stood near the window waving and smiling.

Things must have looked fairly festive in the cafe at that moment as all the cafe patrons were enjoying the... rhyming.

Poor Larry.

9 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Oh THE HAIRY! ;)

LOL...

Anne said...

OH, boy... I know that'll be me someday so I am trying not to laugh.-

Mama said...

I can barely type because I'm crying with the laughter here. I can't see through the happy tears. I don't know why it was THIS funny to me and yet? Here I am with my kids wondering what the hell is wrong with me and the baby is looking at me wondering who the hell I am. Thanks for the visual of the kids saying that. That was awesome. My kids and yours would get along awesomely (is that a word?)

Now I have to get some Kleenex and clean up before leaving the house. My sides will hurt tomorrow and it'll all be worth it. I'll just start laughing again at the thought. Great. LOL

Laura said...

Thank you so much for the laugh. I really needed that today.

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Well we do encourage honesty...
Love it!

Denguy said...

From whom did they learn such awesome funniness?

Sugarplum's Mom said...

For a completely unknown reason this reminds me of a story from when I went on a cruise to Mexico after I graduated high school. We were with family and a bunch of family friends and one guy was a lawyer in his 50's.

He decided in a moment of tipsy fun that he would moon the college kids across the pool.. including several cute girls in bikini's. Joke was on him because as he mooned them, the front of his shorts came down too and he flashed the rest of us.

kittenpie said...

I"m enjoying the rhyming, too!
thanks for a giggle on a dull day at work.

children sleepwalking said...

thanks for this funny post really it is good to came on your blog.great site.