Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thunk Like Me

The distinguished gentleman behind me in the airport security line reached for my boots as they came through the scanner.

I wasn't sure if he absent-mindedly thought they were his shoes or if he intended to chivalrously collect them for me, but when he realized I was reaching for them he pulled his hand back.

Because I am so incredibly jocular and downright hilariously fun to meet out there in the wide world, I joked,

"I know, I know. You want cool boots like mine."

He gave me a sideways, look (of horror) and in a tone just shy of snide responded,

"Oh, yeah. That was totally it."

Then, as I bent over to put on my very cool boots, I made a very impressive THUNK noise by slamming my forehead into the edge of the conveyor belt.

Everyone wants to be as cool as me.

18 comments:

Stacia said...

Maybe they confiscated his Mello Yello and he hadn't had the daily sugar/caffeine fix that allows him to process humor. (Or maybe he needed a good bonk on the head, too!) =>

flutter said...

Everyone SHOULD be as cool as you

jess said...

I thunk my head on the bottom of my loft almost daily in a vain attempt to be as cool as you.

Sayre said...

Oh, I know I do!

Scientific Lutheran said...

AWESOME! I didn't know I was the only cool one in the area!

ree said...

I so know that feeling. Mine is usually the overhead compartment on the airplane itself.

fidget said...

um ow, you have about as much grace as i do *giggle*

Kim said...

Were we seperated at birth?

Leah said...

I only wish that I could be cool as you and your mighty wind.

bzybead said...

(snort).

Memaw's memories said...

Some people just don't get good humor. And we know just how cool your really are.

M. Soga said...

You rock.

Virtualsprite said...

I've done this. I'm so glad I'm not alone.

WILLIAM said...

Who would thunk ther would be snide people in the airport.

Aimee Greeblemonkey said...

We totally do. I am serious.

Kevin Charnas said...

HHAA!! Damn it.

Cynthia said...

absolutely, totally 100% classic you.

Woo222 said...

He's a dick, you ARE awesome. And I hit my head on the corner of my kitchen cabinet this morning, so I literally feel your pain ;)