Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Change and Other Things That Start With The Letter C

I stopped at Whole Paycheck Grocery on the way home from work tonight to look for Kashi Mighty Bites cereal for The Rooster.

The Rooster, also known as, “SHE WHO IS IMPOSSIBLE ABOUT BREAKFAST,” likes Mighty Bites.

She’ll actually eat them.

With milk.

In the MORNING.

[Miracle of miracles.]

I was denied victory as all evidence that Mighty Bites ever existed was erased from the shelves.

[Mighty Elusive Bites.]

I can hardly ever find them and am beginning to think there is an evil conspiracy…

… a breakfast cereal conspiracy…

…all organized to drive me INSANE! INSANE!!!

[Yo, cereal conspiracy people… it’s totally working.]

Despite the cereal procurement failure, I still bought things because that is the way it goes at Whole Paycheck Grocery.

If you enter the building, you will spend $27.50 on three items.

When I got home and unpacked my three items – two chocolate bars and a bottle of Chimay, I thought,

"Hmmm… THAT’S NUTRITION! Way to go, Champ!"

Then I had a little moment of PERSONAL REFLECTION.

[Because sometimes I get all new age, hippie-chick after I breathe in the Whole Paycheck Grocery air.]

In my moment of PERSONAL REFLECTION, I thought,

"What is going on for you Mrs. Magic Stressball that you are buying chocolate and beer at the Whole Paycheck?”

And the answer…

I went back to work full time on Monday.

I am excited about the position, but already drinking from the fire hose.

Balance is over rated?

Frenzied chaos is the new black?

Ah, well.

At least The Rooster can have a five dollar, organic, 70% cocoa chocolate bar for breakfast!

19 comments:

Magpie said...

Congratulations on going back to work FT? I think?

MamaDrama said...

Our Trader Joe's has Mighty Bites. Seattle area - don't you have a Grandma here? Maybe for her birthday..

Carrien said...

Try Target, they carry Kashi. Or Amazon Grocery to stock up.

Anonymous said...

I found working full time a bonus to getting things done. Not enough time makes priorities more clear. Love your blog, very real life writing.
Linda

furiousBall said...

oh, i've got one of those kids too... and i saw a trader joe's commenter up there... will have to get some and try them out. danke for the tip.

Lindsey said...

1. Congratulations on going back to full time
2. I can't find Mighty Bites either, and I also have a child who is impossible about breakfast but who has deemed this cereal acceptable
3. Your chocolate and Chimay meal looks a lot like my average nutritional intake on a regular day.

slow panic said...

i think you did good picking up the chocolate and Chimay...... beer and chocolate, what could be better.

Denguy said...

You Americans is so silly, eh?

myfluffybunnies said...

You mean your total was $27.49, right? Because you got a whole penny off for bringing your own bag. And who says Whole Paycheck Grocery doesn't discount??

Ponygirl said...

Hope the job is ah-may-zing and good for your soul. Love, T

WILLIAM said...

Best of luck to you on your new position.

Chimay is a good beer.

Michelle said...

Sound like a (mighty bites) conspiracy, better watch out. Congratulations on the job, do hope you're enjoying it.

Shelley said...

Hello! I don't know what area you are in but we have a grocery called Sprouts that also carries the beloved Mighty Bites! My kids are the same about that cereal! However, they now also love the Quaker Oatmeal Squares, as long as they are of the cinnamon sort. They are pretty dang tasty too. Hope this helps! And best of luck to you with the new job!!!

En said...

Whole Paycheck Grocery Store? Love it!

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Say it ain't so...

thisnewplace said...

totally "whole paycheck"
I go in and just get produce and leave with a bag for $95.00
Congrats on the full time job, we are embarking on a project that will be lifechanging, and it will be the first full time work I have had in over ten years,.

Meg at Demanding Joy said...

As a mother of two with a full-time job, I no longer believe in balance. I believe in the juggle. Best of luck with your juggle!

Emily N said...

My kids love Mighty Bites too! Our Whole Paycheck doesn't carry them tho, we buy them at Trader Joe's. (This is how I make life more fun - at Whole Paycheck when they tell me how much I owe I answer "Bargain!" That always gets a smile from overtired checkout persons)

carrie said...

Glad my daughter isn't the only one who isn't a big morning eater...

But yes, I'm sure she'd be fine w/a chocolate bar too! Esp if it was dipped in more sugar.