Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer List

I saw this in the Real Simple magazine last summer and I liked it.

It seems like the right time to re-read it...


If you have an hour this summer...


Roll down a big hill

Paint rocks

Spray each other with seltzer

play flashlight tag

roast marshmellows

Catch (and release) fireflies

Bake mudpies in the sun

Toss a frisbee

Start a grass fight

Lok under stones near a pond

Run through the sprinkler

Read bedtime stories in the hammock

Organzie a crazy eights tournament

Make a daisy chain

Smack a tetherball around

Samp a family picture at dusk (in the beautiful light)

Weed (i.e. pick dandelions)

Challenge friends to a wtermelon sees spitting contest

Catch (and release) minnows

Jump rope with the hose stream

Work on your catwheel

Launch foam rockets

Skinny dip

Take a pj's walk


If you have a day...


Take a hike - make a display for the next hikers with the treasures you find

Write and stage a play

Create a rock garden

Build a raft and set sail across the creek

Sell lemonade

Say yes to a trip to the zoo or amusement park

Put on your bathing suit and wash the car (and the toy cars, too)

Sip smoothies poolside and give each other manis/pedis)

Volunteer at a working farm (find one at localharvest.org/csa)

Take a long bike ride with lots of stops (for ice cream, cloud watching, flower picking, etc.)

Rent a boat (and row gently or merrily down the stream)

Tour your town's playgrounds

Go to a minor league baseball game

6 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Can I skinny dip at a minor league baseball game?

great list.

Sayre said...

Great list! I always make a list of things I want to accomplish during the summer and it's not nearly this fun. Might be why it rarely gets completed too.

furiousBall said...

wang chung would definitely be on my list

Not Hannah said...

I like it.

King Isepik said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! I'm in! :)

Michelle | Brochure Printing said...

OMG that's everything I want to do for the summer! I want to roll down a big hill! I want to throw a frisbee! I really gotta get out more.