Friday, September 09, 2011

Whizpoppers

In Roald Dahl's novel, The BFG, young Sophie is kidnapped and taken to a land occupied by giants.

Recently, I've been reading this book to The Mayor and The Rooster.

In the giant's world, their equivalent of soda fizzes downward instead of upward.

Instead of causing burps, soda causes, well... the opposite, an activity know to the giants as "Whizpopping."

When a giant releases whizpops, he is lifted off the ground and filled with a sensation of elation.

This is such a fun experience that whizpopping itself is a sign of happiness among the giants.

Reflecting on the chapter where we learned all this, The Rooster smiled at me and said,

Mama, you're the happiest person I know.


9 comments:

Lora said...

ha! that's really funny!

Sayre said...

Must share with my "very happy" son! You made me laugh!!!!

Kristine said...

That is true awesomeness!

Fizzy Liz said...

Finally, I have an answer to the question, "what did you just do!" Very very funny!

Leah said...

Thats funny! But don't worry if it was true I would be one of the happiest women out there!

Anonymous said...

Oh the rooster and her sense of humor. She nailed this one. Grandma Seattle

Kim said...

Oh my! So funny!

Sounds exactly like my house....the comment and the whizpopping!

Michele H said...

I'm beginning to see a pattern...

Hey Haewon said...

that's so sweet. my daughter loves this book and all roald dahl books but she would never call me the happiest person she knows. you are really an awesome mom!