Saturday, June 27, 2015

Outward Expressions of Grattitude

Last night I watched a Ted Talk on Positive Psychology delivered by Shawn Achor.



I was struck by the bit at the end, the five things you can do for twenty-one days to increase your positivity. 

(It's not that I'm relentlessly negative, far from it, but like anyone, I could always take being MOAR positive.)

So the five things are:

  1. Start each morning with an outward expression of three new things for which you are grateful that happened over the last 24 hours
  2. Keep a journal
  3. Exercise regularly
  4. Practice meditation
  5. Commit to doing random acts of kindness. - one email of gratitude a day.
In thinking about an "outward expression of three new things" for which I am grateful, this blog is the place that came to mind as a place to put those thoughts.

I haven't written here in a long time.

Recently, I've realized I miss it. I like to write.

So anyway, I'll put them here.  No one is watching this spot anymore anyway.

Three things that happened in the last 24 hours for which I am extremely grateful.








3. The Mayor returned from three weeks of sleep away camp. Oh, how I missed him.




4 comments:

Grandma Carol said...

Welcome back! I've missed your posts.

Sayre said...

Ha - I'm still here. You're on my blog list and it bumps blogs to the top when there's a recent post. I don't post often either.

Anonymous said...

Please continue to write, I have read your blog since 2008, (dysdhousewife) and you have a special talent for writing. You should be publishing work...if you aren't already...

Bonnie B said...

And I've found you too. Love your writing. Love from your Mom